Enjoy The Flavors Of A Fall Brunch
With the arrival of the cooler temperatures and shorter days of fall, it’s natural to welcome family and friends into your home for cozy gatherings. Whether you get together before the football game, after a morning outing or simply to catch up on recent events with neighbors, celebrate the return of autumn with a leisurely brunch showcasing the flavors of the season — apple, cranberry and maple.
Entice your guests to sit back and relax by filling your home with the inviting aroma of baked apples and maple found in Crunchy Apple Maple Crisp, a delicious dish ready to be devoured by family and friends. Made with apples, Post Selects Maple Pecan Crunch cereal, cinnamon and sugar, the crisp is sure to bring a taste of fall to your brunch table. To add a special touch, top the crisp with vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped topping.
The maple theme continues with Crunchy Pecan Shortbread Bars. The inviting flavor of maple syrup and pe-cans makes these bars the perfect complement to any fall gathering.
Enhance the atmosphere by decorating your home with a few special touches inspired by the brilliant colors of autumn in addition to serving delicious food, and your brunch is sure to be an occasion that your family and friends will remember for months.
Crunchy Apple Maple Crisp
Prep: 15 minutes Bake: 30 minutes
4 large apples, cored, peeled and thinly sliced (4 cups)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons butter or mar garine
2 cups Post Selects Maple Pecan Crunch Cereal
1. TOSS apples with 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Spoon into 9-inch pie plate or quiche dish.
2. MIX 1/4 cup brown sugar, flour and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cereal. Sprinkle over apple mixture.
3. BAKE at 375°F for 30 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm.
Makes 8 servings.
Banana Streusel Muffins
Prep: 15 minutes Bake: 20 minutes
1-1/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons oil
2 cups Post Selects Banana Nut Crunch Cereal, divided
1 cup finely chopped bananas
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon oil
1. MIX flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Beat egg in small bowl. Add milk, 1/3 cup brown sugar and 3 tablespoons oil; mix well. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.) Stir in 1-1/2 cups of cereal and bananas.
2. SPOON batter evenly into greased or paper-lined muffin pan, filling each cup 2/3 full.
3. CRUSH remaining 1/2 cup cereal. Mix with 1 tablespoon brown sugar and cinnamon. Add 1 teaspoon oil; stir until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over muffin batter in cups.
4. BAKE at 400°F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Makes 12 servings, 1 muffin per serving.
Double Cranberry Bread
Prep: 20 minutes Bake: 1 hour
1-3/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 cups Post Selects Cranberry Almond Crunch Cereal
1 cup milk
1/3 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
1. MIX flour, sugar and baking powder in large bowl. Mix cereal and milk in medium bowl; let stand 3 minutes. Add egg, orange juice and oil; mix well. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.) Gently stir in cranberries.
2. POUR into greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
3. BAKE at 375°F for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into 16 slices to serve.
Makes 1 loaf or 16 servings, 1 slice each.
Blueberry-Orange Crunch Cookies
Prep: 20 minutes Bake: 12 minutes
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1-1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups Post Selects Blueberry Morning Cereal
1. BEAT butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add egg and orange peel; beat until well blended. Add flour and baking powder; mix well. Gently stir in cereal.
2. DROP level tablespoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, on ungreased baking sheet.
3. BAKE at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 15 servings, 2 cookies each.