2001-04-26 / Other News

Search Increased For Murder Suspect

By Charles Rogers
Search Increased For Murder Suspect By Charles Rogers

By Charles Rogers

The 69th Precinct Detective Squad has increased its operations involving a seven-month-old murder case here. According to NYPD sources, fugitive Bernard Moore, 24, escaped after allegedly shooting Ricky Robinson near the Higher and Higher Night Club on Remsen Avenue on September 13th, 2000. Moore is still at large — perhaps in Brooklyn.

"The increase in activity on our part is as a result of exposure given to the case by the Daily News recently," said Detective Sergeant Kevin Kirby. "We have received ‘sightings’ of Moore that we are investigating currently. We don’t know whether they’ll pan out or not, but we must follow them when they appear reasonable." He said calls attesting to the whereabouts of Moore or other fugitives should be made to: (800)577-TIPS. They will be kept confidential and tipsters will be eligible for up to $2,000 upon the suspect’s arrest and conviction.

Moore is black, five-feet, one-inch tall, weighs about 125 pounds and has short hair. His last known address is Crown Heights. Some of his aliases include Kirk Henry and Dennis Miller. Reports stated he is a "ruthless" killer.

Moore allegedly got into a fight with Robinson during the early morning hours outside the Higher and Higher Club near Foster Avenue and, as the argument heated up, he shot the victim "multiple" times, according to police.

Somehow, Robinson escaped from the shooter, jumped into his car and drove down Remsen Avenue, where he crashed into a fence near Farragut Road. As he got out of his own vehicle, he was struck by another car that dragged him for a block and he died on the street near Flatlands Avenue.

The Daily News ran a feature recently highlighting the top ten fugitives in an effort to seek the public’s help.

Meanwhile, Sergeant Kirby says the investigation is continuing "in full force" in the murder of Corey Pelzer, 22, who was shot to death by another passenger while riding on the B-82 bus.

As the bus pulled up to the east-bound stop on Flatlands Avenue at East 84th Street at 6 p.m. on Thursday, March 15th, a shot rang out from the rear of the vehicle and Pelzer slumped over in his seat as the shooting suspect ran out of the rear door and disappeared.

"Most of the passengers ran off the bus too," said Kirby, "obviously in fear. Most of those who remained were not able to give us a definitive description of the attacker and we’re asking the public’s help in helping identify him." He said a "substantial" reward is being offered by the family of the slain man and by Mayor Giuliani. The confidential number to call in this case is also (800)577-TIPS.

Return to top

Copyright© 2000 - 2017
Canarsie Courier Publications, Inc.
All Rights Reserved